Thursday, August 26, 2010

Columbus Marathon Promotions

It's old news that the Columbus Marathon has a new race director, Darris Blackford. What is new is the pre-race activities promoting the marathon. I'm impressed!

Some of the activities include a group run on National Run Day, another group run on the first day of training, and Facebook and Twitter accounts. The Facebook posts and Tweets are interesting, too. There's a new logo and the website is attractive and useful.

In addition, I receive an electronic newsletter, professionally prepared and with good information in it. In the most recent issue, there was an announcement about pre-race posters available to anyone who wants to promote the race. Posters are available at local running stores or from the marathon offices. And the posters are nice! I want a couple!

OK, I'm already registered for the Columbus Marathon Half and I'm getting excited! I've been involved with or participated in the race for years. I have to admit, I haven't been this excited about the marathon in a long time! And I think a great deal of that excitement is because of the public relations activities.

So, if you have not thought about entering the Columbus Marathon this year -- check it out. I think you'll be impressed.

No comments: