Sunday, August 15, 2010

A Humid 8 Miles

I wasn't able to walk with the Buckeye Striders on Saturday, so I had to do 8 miles by myself today. I decided to go to Sharon Woods because it is difficult to quit when you are halfway around the 4-mile loop.

Though it was only 76 degrees, sprinkling and overcast when I started, it did not take long for the humidity to have an affect on me. I felt my stamina begin to drain within the first couple of miles.

I had a little bit of a brain fade and had forgotten to clear my heart rate monitor before I started. After walking about 12 min I looked down and saw I was on lap 6, realized my error and cleared it to start timing the rest of this walk. Because of the humidity, my pace was slow. Even when I felt I was pushing pretty hard, I was not faster than a 15-min mile! And I'm positive I was pushing, my heart rate was in the zone I was shooting for.

We are in the midst of marathon training season. (It's my favorite thing about this time of year!) So I'm trying harder to keep to our schedule for long slow days.

No comments: