Thursday, February 08, 2007

Healthy Eating

I usually dine out for lunch. Today I went to a restaurant where I had tilapia, rice pilaf and steamed veggies. It sounded better than it tasted (mostly bland), but I felt pretty good about the healthy choices!

While at lunch, I again experienced something a little odd. I started noticing a couple of weeks ago that when I dine alone, I rarely get a check in a timely manner. Empty plates are pushed to the side and nothing happens. I even get my cash out and set it on the table, and STILL nothing. Last week, I stood up, put my coat on and stood next to my table. (The waitress said "Have a nice afternoon," and walked past me!) When I'm with someone, this is rarely a problem. In the defense of the wait staff, when I am alone I read, edit, work crosswords... so I am not making regular eye contact. Still, I can't figure out why I can't just get my check. I guess I'll have to start asking for it as soon as I order.

No comments: