Thursday, July 09, 2009

Hills Again

It was a little toasty when we started our hill workout yesterday evening. In fact, it was hot enough that a couple of us felt queasy, so we cut it short. Though we are trying to get acclimated for the August half marathon, a friend had a bad heat experience a couple years ago, so we try to be careful and listen to our bodies.

Besides the heat, I'm a little worried about my heels. They are feeling much better, but I need to walk 8 miles Saturday. (We are starting at 6:45 in the morning!) I'd love to wear my cushiest pair of shoes, but it is really tough to walk fast in that pair. They are a little stiff and the last time I walked in them, my shins were tired very quickly. I'll probably go with my favorite half-marathon shoes -- cushy, but not too stiff.

In the meantime, I took a low-stress walk this evening and my heels feel pretty good. I'll try to rest my feet tomorrow and hope for best Saturday.

No comments: