Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Registering for Wrong Race

I almost registered for the wrong July 4th race today!

The members of my walking club all agreed to do a race this Saturday instead of our regular weekly walk. I didn't pay much attention to the details except which running store to go to to register.

I entered the store, head to the registration table and filled out the form. The sales person said the shirts had not arrived, and I could pick it up at the race. Hmmm, Deb told me that she received her shirt at registration.

"Oh," he said, "which race are you registering for?" I had no idea! "Well, it's a 5K and the shirt is cute," I replied. Luckily, he didn't look down at me. He asked if the race was in Hilliard or Westerville, and at this point I was so embarrassed that I didn't know more about the race, I just could not remember where it was being held!

The key was the shirt -- because there were shirts for the Westerville race, I finally figured out that was the right race.

So, Saturday, July 4 at 8 a.m., I'll be entered in the Westerville Rotary 5K, and with any luck, the other members of the Buckeye Striders will be there, too.

No comments: