Wednesday, January 27, 2010

New Inspiration

Deb, Elaine and I are getting back into our weekly walk routine. I always feel better when I walk with them.

Today we went to Griggs Reservoir and instead of doing hills, we went the opposite direction for a little more than 3 miles in about 43 mins. The temps were in the mid-30s, but it did not take long for us to warm up. I probably did not need to wear two tech shirts under my great new jacket.

I did try to get the others to walk a little faster, but I was only moderately successful. Toward the end Elaine and I decided to sprint and though I had a pretty good lead when we started we finished at just about the same time.

I missed a couple of mile markers, so I don't know for sure how fast we were per mile. My heart rate did average about 136 with a peak of 168.
__________

The "new inspiration" part of this blog posting is trying to find something fun and exciting to train for this year. I'm thinking I might like to do another full marathon after all. But as those of us who have done a marathon know, the race is the easy part -- it's the training that is hard. It would have to be the right race, at the right time of year and the right price.

I'd also love to hike the Grand Canyon, but I'm not sure it will work this year.

If I don't do a full this year, I might do 6 halves instead. That could really be fun!

I'm also feeling a little more inspired to lose the 10 lbs. I've wanted to lose for the last couple of years. (In the last week, that has increased to 12 lbs.) I also recently learned that losing that small amount of weight could affect my speed. So, if I'm successful, it could help me walk faster.

And this last inspiration is going to sound a little weird. I recently read about a website called 100 pushups. It is a training program to help people build up to doing 100 nonstop pushups. I'm thinking I might try that.

Looks like I may have to write some walking resolutions this year!

Calories consumed 1360. Calories burned 440.(According to heart rate monitor.)

No comments: