Tuesday, August 12, 2008

2 hours for a 45-min walk?

How could I possibly have been gone for 2 hours when I walked for only 45 min!

I left the house about 6 p.m. and drove to the little lake I like. (I needed to feel I was going somewhere special, and I love this place.) I parked up by the softball field because my car is less likely to get broken into up there. It takes a couple of minutes to walk to the lake.

The first lap took 19:27. Wow! That long? My shins were killing me, and I was trying to get them to relax. I then spent about 2 min stretching, or at least trying to stretch my left shin.

The next two laps took a total of 36 min. (I forgot to stop the watch between laps.)

My shin felt tight the entire time I walked, so I focussed a little more on stretching afterward.

Then I walked and skipped and walked on my toes and my heels back to my car.

I drove back home and it was nearly 2 hours! How time flies when you are having a great time!

No comments: