Friday, August 15, 2008

The Other Side of This Morning's Walk

The temps were in the 60s, the sun was shining and there was a slight breeze when I head out this morning. Birds were singing, cicadas were buzzing, the high school marching band was practicing and everything felt right with the world. (Well, except the tug in my thigh.)

These are the days I live for. On mornings like this one I wish I had nothing better to do all day than to be outside enjoying the beautiful morning and walking. Well, there are other things I would love to do on mornings like this, like white water rafting, hiking in the woods, sleeping in a tent in the forest.... but I digress. I'm even sitting outside right now with my laptop writing this entry. I LOVE it!

Anyway, despite the tug in the muscle that kept my workout from being as good as I would have liked it to be, it was a great start to a really beautiful day.

OK, Cindi, back to work.

PS: I can actually tell what song the band is playing today! (Usually the sound doesn't carry that well.) It's the school fight song I played when I went there: "Go, fight for Centennial, stars ever brave and true..."

No comments: