Friday, August 01, 2008

First Part of Clinic is OK


There are about 30 of us in this weekend's walking clinic. During the weekend, Dave tapes everyone so we can see before and after. Because there are so many, Dave asked for volunteers to arrive early tonight. (So there is more time tomorrow.)

I got there about 4 p.m. and was one of the last people taped. It's always weird seeing yourself on tape, let alone attempting to racewalk. I did better than I thought I would, and boy, am I glad I bought new shorts! Much better than the old pair, especially from the back.

I'm able to walk 6 miles easy without pain. Deb and I have been working hard on our speed. Yet, trying to racewalk wore me out! I walked for just a few minutes, but it was hot, and I was really pushing myself. My shins were killing me! I was a little surprised by that.

OK, I'm really tired. I better get to bed.

1 comment:

Tammy said...

Ah yes, shin pain :). You must be doing something right! It will go away soon. I'm very excited for you - you're going to be great!