Sunday, August 10, 2008

Where is Speedo Man?

Ever since I wrote about Speedo man earlier this year, I have not seen him. I'm beginning to get worried.

Every day that I lunch by the river, I watch for him. It used to be that looking for him was casual. I'd be minding my own business, eating lunch, then when he would shuffle by, I'd smile. Now, I sit on a picnic table anxiously hoping that he will come by. I'm actively looking down the street hoping to see him off in the distance. For weeks now, I've been very disappointed.

My friends have speculated that the heat might be bothering him more this year, so he could be running earlier in the day. I have to admit, I did wonder why he ran midday, when the sun can be so brutal. He also seemed to be affected by the heat the last time I saw him.

So for now, I'm going to assume he is running in the morning.

In the meantime, I'll be eating lunch at the park a couple days this week. If you are OK, Speedo Man, give me a sign!

No comments: